I don’t know where in the world you are all reading this from, but I can tell you it is FREEZING in Scotland’s capital. In fact, I think this is the coldest it has been all winter, so I thought this was an appropriate time to recreate the soup I made for our Christmas day starter (Christmas seems so long ago, booo!).
This is so quick and easy to make and is truly delicious – my sister even said it was her “favourite soup ever”, whether she is biased or not… I’ll let you decide!
Ingredients (serves 4);
3 cloves garlic
1 & 1/2 tbsp medium curry powder
1 chopped fresh red chilli
1.2L chicken stock
2tbsp desiccated coconut
1. Peel and chop the onions, parsnips, garlic and potatoes.
2. Melt the butter in the pan, add the onions and garlic for a few minutes to soften, but not brown.
3. Add the stock, curry powder and chilli then bring to the boil.
4. Add potatoes, parsnips and coconut.
5. Simmer gently until potatoes are soft (roughly 15 – 20 minutes), then liquidise with a blender.
6. Garnish with cream and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
There we have it – simple and comforting!
Comment below and let me know how you liked it 🙂
I’m always listening to music whilst cooking & this week I was listening to: Master Blaster – Stevie Wonder